Last night I made this baked caprese chicken recipe and it was AMAZING. I can’t wait to give this one a go again. It was quick and easy, without a lot of cleanup. We made, ate, cleaned up and watched a movie after work–all before 9 p.m. rolled around.
I paired this recipe with a garlic and olive oil couscous. Perfect for a light and tasteful side. Baked Caprese Chicken Recipe
-3-4 chicken breasts (or however many you wish to make)
-1/2 cup fresh basil (1/4 c will be chopped, other 1/4 will be laid on top in full leaves)
-2 roma tomatoes (you can also use chopped canned tomatoes)
-2 tsp fresh garlic (I used minced garlic from a jar)
-1/4 c balsamic glaze (1/8 c to brush on chicken before baking, 1/8 c to top off recipe at end)
-8 ounces fresh mozzarella (cut into slices)
-1 tsp dried oregano (I used an Italian seasoning with the basil and oregano in it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a pan with aluminum foil. Then spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, 1 chopped tomato, fresh chopped basil, oregano; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the garlic mixture on top the chicken and around the sides. Sprinkle any additional seasonings you wish.
- Place pan of chicken into the oven and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Take the chicken out of the oven and top each piece with a slice of mozzarella, a basil leaf and a tomato slice.
- Return to the oven until cheese is melted (you may choose to broil until cheese is melted).
- Serve immediately, topped with tomatoes, drizzled with balsamic reduction and garnished with basil, if desired.