Katherine M. Lofrano
email@example.com | 763.242.1087
Account Executive, Discover St. Louis Park Convention Visitors Bureau, St. Louis Park, Minn. May 2014- Current
- • Manage the SMERF (social, military, educational, religious and fraternal) and Association accounts by securing event sites and room blocks for clients.
• Assist in event and marketing coordination for the cities of St. Louis Park and Golden Valley.
• Represent Discover St. Louis Park and all amenities within St. Louis Park and Golden Valley at local and national trade-shows.
Marketing Specialist/Web Coordinator, St. Cloud State Campus Rec, St. Cloud, Minn. Spring 2012- May 2014
- Manage Campus Recreation website, including production of news stories, photography and calendar events, as well as web banner design and placement.
- Produce and design internal Campus Recreation newsletter using InDesign.
- Oversee Campus Recreation social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and WordPress blog.
- Produce news stories, advertising, photos and calendar events for the Campus Recreation website.
- Develop and coordinate programs designed to curate content from students highlighting their activities on campus, and in turn syndicating content on Campus Recreation media channels.
- Coordinate event logistics for Campus Recreation activities, including RecFest, Sidestreet and Mainstreet, increasing student involvement and Campus Recreation membership.
Communications Intern, City of Edina, Edina, Minn. Summer 2013
- Managed EdinaMN.gov and social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Increased Facebook engagement by 10 percent over a two-month period.
- Drafted press releases for distribution by media relations team, in addition to developing and crafting stories highlighting Edina’s vibrancy for city publications, including Edina Pipeline, Cityslick and About Town.
- Coordinated photo assets and content for syndication on City of Edina communication channels, including EdinaMN.gov, social media, newsletters and more.
PR Intern, Snap Fitness, St. Cloud, Minn. Fall 2013
- Researched local competitor offerings, including pricing and services, and developed SWOT analysis for franchise owner.
- Created a PR campaign including various strategies over the course of five months.
- Monitored media coverage of health fitness clubs in St. Cloud area over five months and compiled in-depth coverage report.
- Developed recommended PR strategies and tactics for franchise owner’s review.
Photographer’s Assistant, McDonald’s Studio of Photography, Delano, Minn. Fall 2010-Fall 2011
- Assisted Master Photographer Joe McDonald during photo sessions, including coordinating props and lighting.
- Managed appointment schedule and processed client orders.
Staff Intern, Delano Herald Journal, Delano, Minn. Spring 2009-Summer 2010
- Conducted interviews with individuals for a variety of stories, including sports and events, and drafted articles for publication in InDesign.
- Produced photos to correspond with articles and also photographed sporting events for publication in the paper.
Festival & Event Management Course 2016-2017
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications/Journalism-Public Relations Sequence
Major accredited by Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
- Minor: Communication Studies
- Scholarship provided by the Wells Fargo Dependent Children Scholarship Program.
SKILLS, ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Social Media Marketing, Photography, Web Management, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Analytics and WordPress.
- HSMAI (Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International) member.
- Active Marketing & PR volunteer for the Cologne Hollanders Baseball Organization.
- Former Volunteer Coordinator & Husky PR Member for St. Cloud State University Public Relations Student Society of America:
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Served as a 2010-2011 Delano Ambassador | Delano Royalty Ambassador Scholarship Program.
- Was chosen from the Delano Ambassador Scholarship Program to represent Delano at the Minneapolis Aquatennial, Queen of the Lakes Scholarship program.